Local Planning Committee Meeting Notes
Final Report Submitted to State For Review
DRI Local Planning Meeting Documents - January 9, 2017
DRI: Community Engagement Meeting on 11/10/16 - Video
DRAFT: Public Engagement Strategy Update
9/15 Kick-Off Presentation
9/15 Kick-Off Presentation Notes
10/24 LPC #2 Presentation
Initial Program Planning Conference Call
Tuesday, August 23rd 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Mayor Calnon, Councilor Kasper and CD Director DeDominicas met via telephone conference with our full State DRI team on Tuesday.
We were joined by representatives from NYS Department of State, Department of Labor, Empire State Development, Homes and Community Renewal, and our planning consultants from HR&A.
The Mayor summarized the five pillars found in the DRI application that define our Live, Work & Play:
- Increased mixed-use housing,
- Recreation, gathering space and access to river and lake,
- Retail space, with healthy food,
- Business Incubator space; Maker space
- Arts and Culture.
He included a commitment to Green development and free downtown WiFi for each one of those pillars.
HR&A consultant team indicated that they did not want to “recreate the wheel” and congratulated Plattsburgh - “Exciting to see how much visioning has taken place.”
- Economic and real estate development firm
- Experienced in public/private partnerships.
- Will define the scope of their services
- Will include sub-contractors as needed.
- Will set up and staff meetings, prepare minutes, etc.
- First on-site visit with the DRI Steering Committee is set for September 15th.
- HR&A’s Project Scope will:
- Incorporate Previous Planning Work
- Existing plans and public input, attached, have been shared with all
- Schedule and administer four public input events, each matched to significant steps in the Steering Committee’s process
Mayor has nominated 45 potential members to the DRI Steering Committee, NYS will be vetting the list and selecting 10 – 15 for the Steering Committee.
- We expect to have a number of ad hoc committees, focused on specific issues, formed under the guidance of the Steering Committee and HR&A.
Department of State expressed a desire to have the specific actions accomplished with this DRI grant be expressed as one part of a broader plan for development going forward. This will link future grant proposals to the DRI, increasing the viability of grant applications.
Previous DRI Update